2018 ICOM ICTOP travel grants
ICOM (ICTOP) Travel Grants for young ICOM Members
to attend the annual meeting of ICOM-ICTOP in 2018
ICOM-ICTOP announce a call for candidates from all continents to apply for the ICTOP Travel Grants for young ICOM Members to attend the ICOM-ICTOP annual meeting/conference (i.e. ICTOP & ICR joint conference; 5-9 November 2018; Auckland & Wellington – New Zealand // theme: “Facing the New Political Realities: Rethinking Training for Regional Museums”)
The grants (2) will provide assistance for airfare (economy fare) and/or accommodation for the duration of the meeting and/or conference registration fees. Grants will be realised as reimbursement of paid international airfare, accommodation and/or conference fee (a prove of payment, receipts will be needed). Other expenses related to the members’ participation, such as insurance coverage, visa costs, local transportation, meals and similar will not be covered by these grant, in any circumstances.
Value of individual grant will be in between 600 and 800 Euros, depending how application do fit required criteria.
Deadline of submitting the application is September 7th, 2018 (GMT).
The results will be communicated before September 15th, 2018 (GMT).
Grants are made through a competitive process and are based on demonstrated financial need and merit. Preference will be given to candidates from countries belonging to ICOM Categories 4, 3 and 2.
Grant recipients may be asked to assist the conference organisers during the conference (on not very demanding tasks). Information on specific expectations will be communicated after the selection process is complete.
All applicants should be:
- 40 years of age or under (minimum one grant will be awarded to person 35 years of age or younger)
- able to write and understand English fluently and be full-time museum employees or actively engaged in trainings for museum professionals or curatorial, education, research or developmental work related to museum practice
- individual members of ICOM (and ICTOP, or with clear intention to become ICTOP member)
- priority will be given to members from countries belonging to ICOM Categories 4, 3 and 2
- ICOM members who have received grants in the last three years will not be given priority for a grant in 2018
- candidates must be up-to-date with ICOM membership dues
- priority will be given to candidates with accepted paper/presentation at the conference
- priority will be given to candidates who may obtain other sources of funding to facilitate attendance
Applicants are invited to submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form (please see below)
- Curriculum Vitae indicating training, work experience, publications as well as current work responsibilities (max. 1 page)
- 500 words motivation letter for attending the annual conference, justifying the need and how attendance will benefit your career goals
- Letter of recommendation from the Chair or the Board member of the applicant’s International or National Committee (recommended)
Application form could be downloaded here (Application_Form ICTOP 2018)
Aforementioned documents need to be submitted with the subject “ICTOP Grant Application 2018_Your Name_Your Surname” no later then September 7th, 2018 (GMT) to dbabic(at)ffzg.hr
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Each grantee will be required to submit a report and/or a questionnaire within two weeks following the meeting/conference, stating his/her experience and contribution to ICOM activities and its International Committee.
The resources for this programme are limited, accordingly applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria stated here. May you have any further questions please contact ICOM-ICTOP responsible person at: dbabic(at)ffzg.hr